Here are some links to organized activities. We are always looking to update this list so please send contact information to Millie Dunbar email@example.com to have an activity added. The town of Antigonish mantains this website with a list of community groups, events and facilities.
- Theatre Antigonish is a non-profit community theatre with productions Sept. thru May. For more information, go to their website http://www.mystfx.ca/theatre-antigonish/
- During the summer months, Festival Antigonish takes over the Bauer Theatre. Visit http://www.festivalantigonish.com/
Athletics and Recreation
Faculty/staff interested in organized sports have several options:
- Intramural soccer in October on the Memorial Field: contact John Phyne firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intramural volleyball in the winter semester in the Oland Centre: contact Sasho MacKenzie email@example.com
- Intramural basketball in both semesters in the Oland Centre: contact Ping Wang firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recreational basketball Fridays at noon both semesters in the Oland Centre: contact Ping Wang email@example.com
- Recreational hockey, low intensity, non-contact, both semesters Monday night 7-8 and Thursday night 9:30-10:30 at the Keating Millennium Centre contact Jim Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recreational hockey, medium intensity, non-contact, both semesters Wednesday evenings 8:30-9:30 at the Keating Millennium Centre: contact Neil Maltby, email@example.com
- Surfing in the fall term at Wine Harbour: contact Rod Bantjes firstname.lastname@example.org
- Windsurfing both semesters (depending on how fanatical you are) at Mahoney's Beach: contact Rod Bantjes email@example.com
- Racquetball at the Oland Centre: contact Andrew Kendall, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Touch Football (off campus community league): contact Brian Nicholson email@example.com
- Recreational curling, both semesters, Tuesday evenings 8:30-10:00pm at the Highlander Curling Club (St. Andrew’s, Route 16), $80 for 15 game season, contact Harry Daemon at 863-1220(W); 863-4441(H), Highlander Curling Club at 863-0052, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recreational Dance both semesters: contact Sally Clark at email@example.com or visit http://www.antigonishdance.ca/
- St FX Athletic and Fitness Services, http://www.mystfx.ca/athletics/
- Personal training, aquatics, group fitness and instructional programs information at http://www.mystfx.ca/athletics/fitnessmain.html.
- Varsity sports information: http://www.mystfx.ca/athletics/index.html.