- Annual Reports
- Equity Advisory Committee
- Positive Space Program
- Upcoming Events
- Past Events
The Human Rights Advisor works to ensure StFX is a welcoming, inclusive and respectful learning and work community for everyone; one that respects and encourages diversity and equality.
StFX prohibits discrimination and harassment on all grounds protected under the Nova Scotia Human Rights Act including age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, physical disability or mental disability, irrational fear or contracting an illness or disease, ethnic, national or Aboriginal origin, family status, marital status, source of income, political belief, affiliation or activity.
Services provided by the Human Rights Advisor include:
- Information, advice and assistance to all students, faculty and staff regarding discrimination and harassment;
- Facilitation of informal complaint resolution;
- Coordination of formal complaint investigation;
- Education and training for faculty, staff and students on discrimination, harassment, diversity and equality;
- Promotion of a climate on campus that is welcoming of diversity and respectful of differences
Any member of StFX University who believes they are being harassed or discriminated against can contact the Human Rights Advisor to discuss their concerns and review options for resolving the matter.
Request for education or training on issues of discrimination, harassment, diversity and equality are welcome.