- Apply to Co-op!
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Department Directory
- Student Career Services
- Co-op Stories
There are numerous opportunities for employers to receive funding to hire Co-op students.
Engage Program, NSERC
As part of the implementation of this Strategy, NSERC has established a new initiative called Engage, which provides start-up funding for academic researchers to establish new partnerships with companies to help them address specific, short-term R&D challenges. The research funding available is up to $25,000 for a period of six months. This program does not require a cash contribution from the company. The funds can be used by faculty to hire students to work on new collaborative R&D activities.
The new NSERC Strategy for Partnerships and Innovation also places a high priority on enhancing the utilization of our industrial scholarships and fellowships, such as the Industrial Undergraduate Student Research Awards (I-USRA), the Industrial Postgraduate Scholarships (IPS) and Industrial R&D Fellowships (IRDF). The NSERC I-USRA program, in particular, is a funding program that is well-aligned with science and engineering student co-op opportunities, so we would encourage you to contact our office if you would like to know more about this program.
- Co-operative Education Incentive: NS Government
- Youth Eco Internship Program
- Private Sector Research and Development Co-operative Employment Program
- NRC Industrial Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP)
- NSERC- Industrial Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA)
- Small Business Internship Program- Industry Canada
- Nova Scotia Energy Training Program
- Canada Business Funding Resources
Please also check with your provincial governments as some programs may only be applicable to specific provinces.
Canada Business Wage Subsidy Directory
Lists provincial and national wage subsidies.